Hi, I'm Mahmoud El-Magdoub. My job is to translate technology into happiness.
I am the glue in teams that build incredible new things that you love to use. I also happen to design user interfaces, inspire teams and manage products.
I thrive in “maker cultures” where prototyping and experimenting are the norm. I love the satisfaction that comes from shipping products and sharing that feeling with a close-knit team.
I lead the Product at Forasna working with a great team on Distrupting the Blue-Collar Job Market in Egypt. Previously, I was a Product Manager at Wuzzuf. Before that, I Co-founded Soutak.com.
Outside of work, I work with startups in the ecosystem to solve Transportation // Awareness problems. In general, I love creating things, working with nice people, listening to indie music and playing guitar.
- UI should drive product development because it's what people actually use
- Ideas are CRAP. Shipping is all that matters
- you can only win if you're hungrier than your competitor
- UI is software, so designers should know(or understand) how to program
- There is never any justification for things being complex when they could be simple
- Innovation is everything BUT an overnight success/breakthrough
- Data is the differentiator not the decision maker
- In the The Good Product Manager Bad Product Manger Manifesto by Ben Horowitz
- Agile is not a Fucking noun
People that Inspired my work.
- Dieter Rams: Good Functional Design // Declutter
- Ben Horowitz: Brutal Product Managment
- Ryan Singer: Focus // Killing Features
- Paul Graham: Surviving Startups
- Julie Zhuo: Product Design that Works
- Ian McAllister: Prioritizing Features
- Jony Ive: Simplicity
- Jason Wilson: Grid Design
- Rebekah Cox: User Flow
- Brad Frost: Death to Bullshit
Products I love to use.
- Facebook: The new internet
- Netflix: The visual flow
- Spotify: Understanding how music works
- Quora: Intelligent Content
- Amazon: Recommendations that Works
- Booking: Data oriented design
- Uber: Scaling automation
- Gmail: Focus
SaaS, Product Management, UX Design and Strategy, Web Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Product Design, Product Development and Pricing, SQL Mining, Retention Strategies, Agile Dev, Startups, Business Development, Online Marketing, Frontend Development, Tech writing.