Hi, I'm Mahmoud el-Magdoub my passion is to understand people and their needs in order to create the best possible tools for them.
I’m drawn to technology for a lot of the same reasons that I’m drawn to product management, it feels like a deeply human endeavor to wrangle complex problems and answer the why with user-understanding and data.
I have been building online products for the past 7 years, my experience covers consumer web products visited by millions, CRM Automation and Enterprise tools.
Although I worked in different industries, my core direction has been the same, I help product teams answer these three questions:
- What people problem are we trying to solve?
- How do we know this is a real problem?
- How will we know if we’ve solved this problem?
I thrive in uncertainty and “maker cultures” where prototyping and experimenting are the norm. I love the satisfaction that comes from shipping products and sharing that feeling with a close-knit team.
Workshops & Sessions
Your 6 step Guide on how to Write Killer Specs
This session is a 6 step guide for guiding Product Managers into a framework for writing specs that will allow them to ship high quality software.
Building Software in a postmodern world
This session is about building software that accomodates the fast pace ecosystem we live in. It tackles how to build the right MVPs.
Managing & Structuring Product Management Teams
This is a quick overview on best practices for structuring product teams. It discusses who-does-what, alignment, handing requests and 6 week road maps.
The Dark Art of Product
For onboarding new PMs or anyone intersted in product managment. To set their expectations.
- 10 Misconceptions about working Data
- It takes a big man to admit his data is small
- Advanced Analytics
- MVPs are not always right
- A/B Testing Will kill you
- Job To Be Done OR How to do User Research that Works
- Retention Strategies for B2b SaaS
- Cohorts Done Right
- UI should drive product development because it's what people actually use
- Ideas are CRAP. Shipping is all that matters
- you can only win if you're hungrier than your competitor
- UI is software, so designers should know(or understand) how to program
- There is never any justification for things being complex when they could be simple
- Innovation is everything BUT an overnight success/breakthrough
- Data is the differentiator not the decision maker
- In the The Good Product Manager Bad Product Manger Manifesto by Ben Horowitz
- Agile is not a Fucking noun
People that Inspired my work.
- Dieter Rams: Good Functional Design // Declutter
- Ben Horowitz: Brutal Product Managment
- Ryan Singer: Focus // Killing Features
- Paul Graham: Surviving Startups
- Julie Zhuo: Product Design that Works
- Ian McAllister: Prioritizing Features
- Jony Ive: Simplicity
- Jason Wilson: Grid Design
- Rebekah Cox: User Flow
- Brad Frost: Death to Bullshit
Products I love to use.
- Facebook: The new internet
- Netflix: The visual flow
- Spotify: Understanding how music works
- Quora: Intelligent Content
- Amazon: Recommendations that Works
- Booking: Data oriented design
- Uber: Scaling automation
- Gmail: Focus
SaaS, Product Management, UX Design and Strategy, Web Analytics, Statistical Analysis, Product Design, Product Development and Pricing, SQL Mining, Retention Strategies, Agile Dev, Startups, Business Development, Online Marketing, Frontend Development, Tech writing.
Drop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org